Monday, April 27, 2009

Give and Take


Paco cam to live with us the day my mother was buried. Colleen and I had been looking for a farm Collie and found one in West Virginia with the same name as her stuffed dog that she has been carrying around since before she was one. When we saw him online with the name "Paco", we knew it was divine inspiration. 

We were planning how we were going to get to WV to get him and at the same time make a visit to Pittsburgh to see my mom who was not doing very well. Suddenly, there was no longer a reason to  visit my mom, but instead a funeral. I am so sad that I did not get there to see her before she died, but God alone knows why we didn't. I am able to suggest many reasons, but none of it matters now. I miss her and wish I had one more time to visit with her. I am sure she would have some suggestions about how to get the "stink" out of a farm dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment