Monday, June 15, 2009

Medical Mondays



Yesterday while playing with some friends my son got stung twice by some big ugly hornets. He was stung on his arm and behind his left ear. It was a little swollen so we put some ice on it and it seemed to be ok. This morning when I sent him off to Wesley Woods day camp it was still a little swollen, but he was not complaining and it didn't appear to be any worse. When he came home, this is what we had. If it was both ears, he would look like Shrek. He got some benadryl tonight. Poor little fellow didn't quite know how to go to sleep. He was crying, "I have to sleep on this side but it hurts".  After the bendryl kicked in, he was able to sleep on the other ear thankfully.





On a lighter note...as I was sitting eating my lunch (without children), my face started to feel warm and then it started to tingle and then burn. I just had to get my hair up so I went to the bathroom and when I looked in the mirror, my face, ears, and chest were beet red. I thought, "Oh no! I am having an allergic reaction". Contemplating how my afternoon without children would be ruined by a trip to the ER, I went to consult my neighbor Libby. She suggested that even though it was really red, maybe I could wait a while and see what happened. Taking her advise, I went home, laid on my couch, turned on the fan and tried to relax. After a few minutes I started to feel better and the redness decreased. It was then that it hit me. "I am having a hot flash!" I can't believe I almost drove myself to the ER for a hot flash!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! My kids asked me if I had seen Kevin's ear, but somehow I didn't notice. WOW! Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete