Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Popcorn and Olympics

My daughter was in the tub while the popcorn was popping. She asked me if I had a smell that reminded me of home. My thought was, "yeah cigarettes and stale beer" but I didn't answer. Instead I asked her if she had one. She replied, "Popcorn and homemade bread". I almost started crying. Maybe one day my kids will "arise and call me blessed" instead of "mom I don't have any clean pants".

As long as they know that I love them, I guess they don't have to call me blessed. I know my mother loved me and the rest of my brothers and sisters. Things were not always "blessed" but my mommy loved me and besides the love of my Heavenly Father, that's enough.

2 comments:

  1. ok, I probably shouldn't have laughed out loud when I read "cigarettes and stale beer." but it reminded me of my "smells of home" Unfortunately, though my dad smokes outide now, that is what I think of when I think of him..that icky smell...
    wonder what my kids would say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet to think she'll remember home with popcorn and homemade bread. Mine will probably remember cat litter and dog poop....

    ReplyDelete