Thursday, May 13, 2010

Crossing Over

Tuesday night was the annual "Last pack meeting of the year" for Cub Scout troop 442. We have attended this for 4 years and watched many young men cross the bridge from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, but this year was different. This year "my" cub was crossing.

It truly is a bittersweet moment. He is ready, but I may not be. It seems like just yesterday we started as a Tiger. The first year all the moms participate. But, for the next two years, I was the den mother for this group of boys. They have grown so much, both physically and mentally.

They did have to get rid of me though, because they needed someone, a man specifically, who had more to offer than sand art and sing-a-longs.


Here they are as Boy Scouts with their new troop. I am so proud of all of them, especially my little cub.



No comments:

Post a Comment